Ride To Light, The Mishmi Hill Challenge
Created by Batti
25th January 2016
09:00 AMRide To Light is North East India's first full-fledged cycle tour running through Lower and Upper Dibang Valley districts of Arunachal Pradesh. Spanning 300+ kilometres, the tour rides in support of Batti - an initiative to provide basic lighting to North East India's most far flung inhabitants.
After sundown all activity is restricted to the fireplace. Light adds valuable hours to a tribal's day, children can study.
Batti is an initiative to provide basic lighting for North East India's most remote inhabitants. Formed to support the existing landscape of lighting methods, Batti strives for change that is sustainable.
It achieves this by harnessing the power of renewable energy sources and connecting those in need with those willing to help
The main objective of the event is to create a world-class cycling event and to kickstart the fundraising process to light up 1500 home in Seppa, East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Features of Ride to Light:
- First full-fledged biking tour in North East India
- Supports Batti
- Engages cycling community
- Promotes the sport in the North Eastern states
- Gives economic opportunity to local communities through which the ride happens
- Informs and creates awareness in the urban population of these remote corners of the country
- Potential to become a world-class property
- Potential tourist destination for cyclists around the world
- Promotes fitness culture
Event VenueLocation: Tezu, Arunachal Pradesh, India to Anini
Share this event
Login or Sign Up to comment